Thursday, January 8, 2009

Itchy...Itchy...

Well, Madie got the chicken pox!!! Come to find out a little boy in her class came to school with them, and never told the teacher. She got them the last week before school got out for Christmas break. On their last day of the week her class was going to the Bass Hall, and having their Christmas party, well she missed it. She was well enough to go that day but her teacher called me to check on her and told me that there was head lice in the class, a total now of 18 cases of the pox, and 28 cases of hand and mouth disease. So I decided to leave her home. For her missing all the festivities I told her I would have a special day planned for her. So I got my mom to watch Payton and we went to see the Tale of Desperaux (cute movie), and had lunch at the Purple Cow, her favorite spot. She said it was much better than Bass Hall, because there they don't actually talk. LOL, leave it to Madie! All in all she did very well with them, and we didn't have to miss out on any Christmas activities with family. She only got a total of like 30 sores, that scabbed over nicely. She was itchy a lot, but we used Aveeno cream, and LOTS of oatmeals baths. We let her take her oatmeal baths in our bathtub as a special treat! She loves the big garden tub, we wouldn't let her use the jets though because of the pox. So I am glad that's over, and in a way we wished Payton would've gotten them so we didn't have to worry about them anymore! I am just so grateful she was so good about it, and didn't scratch or pick at not one scab. So one down one more to go!!


No comments: